Oct 08 - 2014
In October 2014, Cultural Heritage without Borders (CHwB) will host two pilot activities on intangible heritage practices in Ferizaj/Uroševac and Gjilan/Gnjilane in the framework of the Joint EU/CoE Project “Support to the Promotion of Cultural Diversity”(PCDK). These activities have been designed and developed in close collaboration with the Regional Working Groups (RWG) involved in the project and the PCDK team in Prishtinë/Priština.
You will find more detailed information about the agenda and participation in the activities below.
1. TRADITIONAL FOOD
Ferizaj/Uroševac - 10 October 2014, Friday, 11.00 at Nika's Mill
- Presentation of traditional food preparation by the community
- Opportunity for the public to take part in the process
- Traditional food tasting and sale
- Presentation of local artisan works
- Kaçaku traditional dance performance
- Development of a short documentary on the activity to be produced and later distributed to the general public
2. TRADITIONAL KARADAKU DANCES
Gjilan/Gnjilane - 24 October 2014, Friday, 14.00 at City Theatre
- Presentation of an educational programme for school children on the tradition of Karadaku Dance
- Traditional Karadaku dance performance by professional dancers and trained children
- Premiere of a short documentary on the history, values and typology of Karadaku Dances
- Distribution of DVD with documentaries to the guests present and for the general public
Activities are open to the public. For participants from Prishtinë/Priština, a bus transport is available. For seat reservation, please send an email to: tasteanddance[at]gmail.com.