TOUR DE CULTURE is the only cultural non-competitive cycling and recreational activity in Kosovo OPEN TO ALL, professionals and amateurs, the young and the old, men and women.
The tour promotes cultural heritage, non-motorized transport for more efficient mobility for all and environmental protection. It began as a result of synergies arising from the principles of the European Heritage Days and the European Mobility Week, marked during September in Europe.
This event, organized consecutive for the eighth year, every year tends to reveal a corner of Kosovo, by turning into a traditional activity for Kosovo society. This year, the tour will be held in the region of Mitrovica, on Saturday, 19th of September, 2015, and will include visits to different sites of cultural and industrial heritage of the region..
The tour shall START at 10:00 hrs from Boletin village and encompasses a distance of 18 km up to Stantërg village. The route is easily traversed, paved, slightly sloped and passable for all participants. The event is anticipated to FINISH at around 17:00 hrs. After the START, several stops are foreseen in the agenda, so that participants can relax, have water and food.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Participation in Tour de Culture is FREE. The registration of participants is mandatory and will be done through online application. Deadline for registration is Friday 18/09/2015, 11:00 hrs.
- Transport to Boletin village, which is the starting point of the event, shall be provided by the organizers. Departure of buses shall be from bus stations of 7 major cities of Kosovo: from Prishtina at 08:00 hrs, from Peja, Gjakova, Prizren, Ferizaj, Gjilan at 07:30 hrs and from Mitrovica at 08:30 hrs. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your departure time at the bus station of your city. Return from Stantërg village, as the final station of the tour, back to the initial cities will be provided with the same buses at the end of the event.
- In order to achieve the project objectives, we encourage the attendance of groups of parents with their children and teachers with their pupils. For safety reasons, children under 14 will not be allowed to participate without the presence of a parent, guardian or teacher.
- Participants should take their personal bicycles and helmets, which will be transported in buses and accompanying trucks from their cities. Anyone who does not possess personal bike will have the opportunity to rent a bike for a nominal price of €10 at the START point in Boletin. The reservation of rental bicycles is done online during the registration process.
- Police will escort the forefront and the rear of the tour, two ambulance vehicles in service of participants in case of need, and bike mechanics will accompany throughout the tour.
- We kindly ask for patience and understanding by all participants, given that the tour participants are of different ages, sexes and physical conditions.
- If you want to be part of the tour but unable to ride a bicycle or whether you feel tired during the tour and cannot continue on, an extra bus at the trail of the tour is at your disposal, which will take you to the next stopping-place. So wait for the bus at the rear of the tour and jump in.
- Apart from providing first aid if needed, the organizers do not take responsibility for ensuring overall health insurance. You have to take care of equipment, logistics and your health at all the time. Therefore, your participation is your personal responsibility!
- We kindly ask participants to follow all advices given by the organizers and the police in order to ensure the successful progress of this activity.
For any additional information (before and during the tour) you can seek the help of our volunteers but also contact us through Facebook page: Tour de Culture Kosovo and telephone numbers: +38138754866, +37744268952 and +38649372639.